MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Priyadarshini Kulkarni is a senior Palliative Medicine consultant with around 20 years of experience in the field. with experience of being in the field for 2 decades, Dr Kulkarni is committed to ease patient’s pain and relieve their suffering.
MBBS, DA, BCCPM, APHN Diploma, Msc Palliative Medicine ( Cardiff, UK)
- A Palliative Care Specialist is a Fellow of the National Cancer Centre in Singapore. An anaesthetist by training, Dr. Kulkarni has been a successful palliative care specialist for the past 19 years. She has completed a Graduate Certificate in Health (Palliative Medicine) from Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia. She also completed MSc in Palliative Medicine from Cardiff University, UK.
- She is a fellow of the International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, San Diego Hospice, California and Pain Policy studies group, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
- The previous prestigious positions held by her are Medical Director of Cipla Palliative Care and Training Centre, Pune., National Secretary of the Indian Association of Palliative Care.
- She has served as a board member of the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA), and Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network (APHN)
- She was involved in the development of various training programs and curriculum set up in Palliative care in India – EPEC (Education for Physicians in End of Life Care, MD Palliative Medicine. She has authored a few chapters in books on Palliative care
- Dr. Priyadarshini Kulkarni was instrumental in starting the first Fellowship in palliative care recognized by the Maharashtra University of Health Services
- She is mentored few palliative care institutes like Snehanchal palliative care center, Nagpur, and Dilasa palliative care center, Goa. She has actively involved in CTC (Cancer treatment center) programs training in Palliative Medicine. It is a joint initiative by AIIMS, Delhi, APHN, and Lien collaborative for palliative care and Manipal academy of higher education (MAHE), Manipal.
- She started Home care services in Pune in 2003 and done research on preferences of people for End of life care in India
- She runs an Indian chapter of Elisabeth Kubler Ross Foundation in India.
- Adviser for Aajicare – elder care services
- Her particular interest is in developing End of life care and grief and bereavement services.